Friday, November 14, 2008

Two candles


After spending a few hours at the church, we'll spend the rest of the day before our youth service tonight with our little girl. Today is a very sentimental day-HAPPY BIRTHDAY RORI!!! Ok, so Rori isn't going to read this blog anytime soon-she'll just look at the computer monitor, point at our family header pic and repeat, "Mommy, Daddy, Rori!' So why the post?

Well, because it is an opportunity to once again publicly give thanks to God and to all of our family and friends who hung in there with us on this a very memorable day for our family. Two years ago at 4:15am Tawni, at 7 months pregnant, suffered a sudden onset of ecclampsia and toxemia, and fell out of bed with a seizure that nearly claimed her life and that of our little miracle. Thank God for prayer, and for quick paramedic response too.

To make a long, very personal story somewhat shorter, after an emergency procedure with a 2-minute time differential between failure and success, Tawni survived and our beautiful, little trooper was born at just 2lbs. 14 oz. One of the many miracles to take place during the 45 days Rori had to remain in the NICU was the healing of a small hole in her heart, and a great big one in ours. Rori's first church service was our church's first service in our new building- she was dedicated a few months later and has arguably been one of the church's mascots ever since!

Thank you Jesus for letting us borrow your little girl-and Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday Rori Lane!

JDE

10 comments:

aLLi said...

Aw Happy Birthday lil Rori Lane!!!

Nary said...

Rori Lane- What did I ever do before you were born?! I could not, can not and do not want to imagine life without you! Who knew I could love one human being so much?! How can one little person capture my heart so completely?! You are a true gift from God sent at just the right time. I love you forever, my princess of everything!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

James Wilder said...

Happy Birthday, Rori! Your buddy Jacoby says hey too.

Rachel Malone said...

AWWWWW! Happy Birthday lil Rori. I love you so so much...Miss my youth pastor and his wife. Can't wait to see ya both soon...I hope :)

London Young said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PUNKINS I LOVE YOU TO THE STARS N BACK QUITE A LOT OF TIMES IM SO THANKFUL THAT GOD KNEW WHAT WAS IN STORE AND HAD A PLAN BECAUSE I KNOW MY DAYS WOULD HAVE A LOT LESS SUNSHINE ALONG WITH MOMMY N DADDY'S HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONT LET YOUR MOMMY N DADDY EVER FORGET THAT I LOVE THEM FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
PEACE LOVE N THE HAPPINESS OF A DOVE
(OR AS DADDY REVISED IT-PEACE LOVE N HAPPINESS FROM UP ABOVE)
XK~LONNY;>

Crystal said...

Happy Happy 2nd Birthday to the sweetest little girl, Rori Laney! You are a little piece of Heaven and I am so thankful Jesus gave you to me! You are my sunshine, you light up my life, and I love you so so sooooo much, more than it is possible to love anyone.

Love forever and ever,
Pippy

Sammy's Blog said...

AAwW :)
hAPPY BIRHTDAY RORI LANE!!!
sAMMY lOVES YOU sO mUCH AND tHINKS yOU aRE tHE cUTEST lIL GIrL God EvER MADE :) aND tHINKS yOUR mOMMy ANd dADdY arE aWeSoME ToO !!

lOvE aLWAyS,
sAMmy fElT ;)

Sammy's Blog said...

AAwW :)
hAPPY BIRHTDAY RORI LANE!!!
sAMMY lOVES YOU sO mUCH AND tHINKS yOU aRE tHE cUTEST lIL GIrL God EvER MADE :) aND tHINKS yOUR mOMMy ANd dADdY arE aWeSoME ToO !!

lOvE aLWAyS,
sAMmy fElT ;)

Ashley Bunger (アシュリ-・バンガ-) said...

Awwww... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are such a wonderful little girl! Even, though you can not read this maybe someday you will be able to. I am so privilaged to be able to watch you grow up, even over this last year and I can not wait for the years to come!

Ron said...

Okay so I am late on posting the comment, but I did get to celebrate the lil Angels birthday with her! Anyway...Seewah wants you to know Rori that before you came along I did not realize how much joy and happiness a child could bring!! You are a golden ray of SUNSHINE!! I think You have pretty much stolen everyone's heart... Don't tell anyone but you are my favorite kid in the universe!!! I love you more than candy and ice cream!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

With lot's of love,
Seewah